DESPITE the mainstream media latching onto an unknown source’s claim that Andrew Neil has left his flagship channel for good, it has now been confirmed that the popular presenter will return to our screens in September.
Rumours printed by the national press and British media today have heavily suggested that Neil has made the decision to not return at all, after taking a break in France following technical issues that blighted GB News’ launch.
Yet technical issues have now been almost fully resolved, and viewing figures are dramatically rising after the shrewd move to hire Brexiteer Nigel Farage.
On July 28, Mr Farage’s 7pm slot managed to attract more viewers than BBC and Sky.
Mr Farage’s GB News show was watched by 107,700 viewers, bringing in 14,000 more viewers than the BBC, and 72,500 more than Sky.
On August 5th, Frage’s show raked in an audience of 145,100, beating BBC News’ 113,100 views and Sky News’ 29,100.
Mr Farage said: “I am really pleased with the growth of these numbers and was surprised to beat Sky and the BBC news channel combined last night.”
He added: “GB News will go much further.”
A spokesman for Mr Neil said: “It is his intention to return to GB News in September.”
A GB News spokeswoman says: “As previously announced, we look forward to Andrew Neil’s return from holiday in September to host his 8pm show.
“We are enormously proud of our progress in only eight weeks.
“As a start-up, we continue to move at lightning speed, learning, refining and growing constantly.
“We’re committed to serving our audience by delivering the stories and issues that matter to them.”